Wednesday, December 23, 2009

First Post-Op Doctor Visit

I received a good report from Dr. Mark Petty, my hip surgeon, today.  The hip revision performed four weeks ago is healing very nicely and everything looks very stable.  In fact, Dr. Petty said it looks much better than it did following last year's surgery.  However, he did say I must remain on the 50% weight bearing status for two more weeks (January 6, 2010).  At that point I can add more weight while still using the walker for another week (January 13, 2010).  If this goes well I can begin moving to the cane for 3-4 weeks.  He will then determine if I must continue using the cane all the time or if I can lay it down.

Due to remaining on the walker and being unable to drive for another 3 weeks, my first revival meeting of 2010 has been rescheduled to February 21-24th.  This meeting will be in Bushnell, Florida at Pleasant Hill Baptist Church.  I appreciate Pastor Phillip Howe's understanding and willingness to reschedule the event to allow more time for recovery.  I do have a couple of single-day events in late January that I hope will help me ease back into a full schedule.  A full revival meeting requires not only spiritual preparation, but mental, physical and emotional stamina too.

I very much appreciate your prayers during this time of recovery and hope you will continue to ask for God's perfect will in every area of my life and ministry.

NOTE: Read previous posts related to the hip surgery here.

No comments: