Friday, November 18, 2011

Open Dates and JOY Boxes

Unfortunately, this is the time of year when my preaching schedule slows to a crawl.  I currently have several open dates on my preaching calendar through the end of this year and the first three weeks of 2012.  A list of these dates are available on my ministry calendar viewable at this link.  I am always ready to serve our Lord's Church through preaching, teaching, and special programs for all ages.  Please let me know if I may serve your church or group.

I am currently preparing updated information about our annual JOY Box ministry for nursing home residents in Baker and Columbia Counties.  I'm praying we will be able to provide each nursing home resident with a box of JOY in January.

You are invited to participate by filling a plastic shoebox with small gift items including shampoo, body wash, puzzle book, magnifying glass, socks, etc.  James Croft Evangelistic Association will place a Gospel tract in each box to share the JOY of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  All YOU have to do is prepare and designate boxes for male or female residents.  Unisex boxes are also acceptable.  Print and place a JOY Box Submission Form in each box.  If possible, please include a $2.00 donation for each box to assist with program expenses.  In the past we have received boxes and donations from churches of various denominations, individuals, businesses, school clubs and organizations.

The JCEA website offers full details of the ministry including suggested box contents, drop-off locations, box submission form and a video explaining how you can participate.

I hope you join us in sharing a little JOY!!

No comments: