Thursday, July 07, 2005

2005 LPA Convention

I attended the first day of the Little People of America (LPA) 2005 Annual National Conference in Orlando, Florida on Sunday. I recorded interviews for an upcoming project while meeting some very nice people in the process.

Here are some photos from the day.


Digital photos are always a hit. In this picture I'm showing Kendra the photo that I just took of her and others.








There were several Christians in this group including Matthew (in the blue shirt to my left) who has been on mission trips to Nicaragua and Peurto Rico. I had a great time sharing with him about our mission trips to Ghana, West Africa and listening to his stories about being on mission for God.








You always have to take a group photo, but this is a photo of me taking a group photo. A new twist on an old idea.




The convention was held at the Hilton Hotel in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. The hotel made special accomodations for little people with steps at the registration counter and step stools in the restrooms (at least in the men's room, I can't verify about the ladies room). The plastic two-step stools in the men's restroom is a great idea not only for little people but for children too. I hope the Hilton will leave those in place because they will easily slide in and out from under the counter. I use one of those at home and they are very inexpensive. Maybe other hotels will follow the Hilton's lead?


I'm conducting an interview amid the hustle and bustle of the lobby area of the hotel.

For those of you who knew me in my younger days in school, radio & bluegrass music, does the hat remind you of James the Giant?