Wednesday, September 21, 2005

See You at the Pole Day

"See You at the Pole" Day was held at Lake Butler (Florida) Elementary School this morning before students went to class. I was honored to be asked to participate in the event this morning. I talked to the students & teachers that voluntarily gathered around the school's flag pole about David & Goliath. I told students that God often uses children (like David) to do "big" things for Him. I encouraged students to take a stand for God whenever they are faced with some of the "giants" that come our way in our life. We then closed with a prayer asking God to use us as He did David.

In the photo above a student is selected to play the role of David as I play the role of Goliath (I was perfect for the role with me being a "giant").

For information about "See You at the Pole" visit http://www.syatp.com/.