Monday, September 19, 2005

"Talk Like A Pirate Day"?

A friend of mine sent me an e-mail today informing me that it is "Talk Like A Pirate Day"! I have never heard of this before so I followed the link she sent to me to the official website: http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html. It is a rather funny story how it began. Newspaper columnist Dave Berry brought it to the national scene with his column in 2002. You can read the column at this link: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/living/columnists/dave_barry/4018055.htm.

This certainly is not a Christian based holiday, but it is a funny story.

Arrr, I hope you have a great "Talk Like A Pirate Day" and if you don't you may be forced to walk the plank. Shiver me timbers that's no fun a'tall.

Hey, what if we had a "Talk & Walk Like Jesus Day" (which should be every day)?!?! I think the Gospel of Jesus Christ would be shared with the lost of the world very quickly if born-again believers would truly talk & WALK like Jesus EVERY DAY and not just on Sunday!!!

NOTE: You never know what you may read on the "Walking With The Giant" blog!!!