Tuesday, February 21, 2006

News Crew was Professional

I want to thank Jeff Butera (News Reporter) and Matt Trees (Video Photographer) from WTEV CBS 47 and WAWS FOX 30 News in Jacksonville, Florida for their professionalism yesterday. Their presence was very unobtrusive while taping during our morning worship service at First Baptist Church of Lake Butler. They made every attempt not to disturb the congregation or the service while preparing their story about my ministry.

I also want to thank them for a story filled with accuracy. I know many times the media takes a lot of heat for inaccuracy in reporting especially where Christians and the Gospel message is concerned, but the story yesterday was an accurate report of our time together.

The idea to do a story on my ministry actually began on Thursday, January 26th, one day after the tragic, fatal accident in Union County that claimed the lives of seven children. The reporter, Jeff Butera, was in Lake Butler covering the accident when he passed FBC of Lake Butler and observed Celeste Saunders changing the message on the church sign. He stopped and interviewed her about the message she had displayed. During the conversation she told him about our service the night of the accident (which I was leading). From that conversation came the idea to do another story on "James the Giant".

It never ceases to amaze me how God bring good, positive news out of a tragedy! We serve a wonderful, awesome God!!! I certainly want to praise God for the blessing that this story is to me and I pray that He uses it to His honor and glory!