Friday, November 03, 2006

Reunion in Lacoochee?

I mentioned in a previous post that it was good to see some of my family at the revival meeting at First Baptist Church of Lacoochee this week. There are several members of the Croft family that live in the area. I rarely see most of them. I see some of them at an annual family reunion in Lulu, Florida, but not all are able to make the trip. Well, this week I was able to see alot of them, some of which I didn't even know. Pictured are a few of the family members that were present for last night's service. There were several others that attended other services.

One of my cousins, Russell Linville, a deacon at the church, is the person that recommended me to the church. Russell and I always looked forward to a family reunion that was once held in Ocala, Florida. We,along with his brother Rodney, would catch-up on events of the past year and just have a great time. Well, you know how the aging process, starting careers and families, etc. can allow you to lose touch; plus they stopped having that reunion in Ocala.

Russell learned last year that I had been called into evangelism, so when the church began to discuss a revival he recommended me. He was able to find how to reach me via the Internet and the line of communication was re-opened after 31 years!

I don't think it will be another 31 years before we communicate again. I praise the Lord for the technologies we have today such as the Internet and cell phones that make it much easier to stay close to family from great distances.

This has truly been a great week for the Lord and for members of the Croft family.

By the way, Russell and I now have something else to share with each other, our worship and service to our Lord, Jesus Christ!

No comments: