Saturday, March 29, 2008

Catch-up Post: Leprechaun Spotted In Macclenny, Florida

St. Patrick's Day 2008 had me once again donning a leprechaun hat, buttons and the color "green" and reading to students at the Baker County Pre-K/Kindergarten Center in Macclenny, Florida. This year I read the story "That's What Leprechauns Do" by Eve Bunting. I read the story to every class at the school and the illustrations from the book (by Emily Arnold McCully) were shown on a digital projector.

I think the children really enjoyed seeing a "real" leprechaun, but some were upset that I (or some of my partners) had "messed-up" their room or left leprechaun tracks on their desks, etc. I also answered many questions for the children about leprechauns, our pot o' gold and what we do in our spare time. As always, there were many questions about "why are you so small". I love answering that one, seriously, I really do.

I really had a wonderful time and the staff at the school make this "leprechaun siting" an enjoyable time for the children and the Leprechaun too.

No comments: