Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"Why Are You Copying Me?"

Last week I attended the Florida Baptist Convention's iTell Evangelism Conference at First Baptist Church of Orlando, Florida. I helped pass out information at a booth for the Conference Of Florida Baptist Evangelists (COFBE) on Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday morning before we left the hotel, I received a telephone call. When I answered I heard a man's voice ask, "Is this James Croft?" When I said it was he replied, "My name is James Croft too, and I want to know why you are copying me." He then began to laugh.

This James Croft, actually known as Jim, had picked up one of my brochures that morning following a men's prayer breakfast at the church. He then called to see if we could meet and to see if we might be related in some way. We agreed we would meet that evening during the final worship session of the conference. These photos were taken by his daughter after the session.

Jim Croft is a member of First Baptist Church of Orlando and is one "on fire" servant for our Lord, Jesus Christ. He shared with me about his salvation experience at the age of 50 and how he is now serving and evangelizing every chance he gets. It was really great to meet him and some of his family.

By the way, we weren't able to determine if we were related or not. Although, we are certainly related in God's Family as brothers in Christ!

No comments: