Thursday, July 24, 2008

Preaching Engagement From A Doctor's Visit

Last Friday I had a routine check-up with my cardiologist in Gainesville, Florida. As part of the exam I had an ultrasound of my heart. The technician that performed the test is a member of a church where I have preached in the past, New Oak Grove Baptist in Alachua, Florida. During our discussion she told me her dad is a Director of Missions in one of Florida's Baptist association's. She wanted to give him some literature about my ministry. As I went to retrieve the info from my car she asked if she could have another copy for a co-worker whose husband pastors a Baptist church nearby. Of course I readily supplied them both with a business card, brochure and an audio CD. It's kind of funny that as I left home for the appointment I grabbed a few brochures to have in the car, you know, just in case.

On Monday of this week I received a call from a pastor inquiring about available dates for a revival meeting. He said he would let me know something later. This morning he called again to engage me for the revival meeting. Today I learned the pastor, Keith Stewart, is the husband of the co-worker at the cardiologist's office, Margarette Stewart. We certainly serve an awesome God that has a plan for our life. Just think, He used a routine doctor's visit to open the door for a ministry opportunity in a church that I have never served!

Hmmmm, what if I had not stopped on the way out of the house that morning to grab some literature?

Oh, yes, the revival meeting will be held at Morriston Baptist Church, 20291 SE 33rd Street, Morriston, Florida. The services will begin on Wednesday, September 3, 2008 at 7pm. The meeting will continue through that Saturday at 7pm nightly and on Sunday at 8:30am, 11am and 7pm. For more information call Pastor Keith Stewart at (352) 528-4080.

Please be in prayer for these services and if you're in the area come join us!

No comments: