Monday, November 24, 2008

Hip Surgery Tomorrow

Tomorrow, November 25th I will undergo hip replacement surgery. This extensive procedure is not the first for me, as I have been through double-hip replacement in 1995. Doctors will now be replacing a “replacement”. My dwarfism has contributed to possible complications that will make the recovery from this procedure more time consuming and quite costly.

The surgery is scheduled for 8am at North Florida Regional Medical Center in Gainesville, Florida. I ask you, firstly, that you will pray for me in these days. Also, remember to lift before the Lord those that will be involved in every aspect of the surgery, hospitalization, therapy and recovery.

Itinerant evangelism, I have found, is not for the faint of heart. Nevertheless, I am certain of my call to the ministry, and am gearing up for whatever God places before me in 2009. I am confident that the Lord will continue to bless my work in full-time evangelism. I hope to be up and running – no pun intended – soon after the first of the year and already have preaching engagements on the calendar. However, to be honest, this surgery will deal a costly blow to my Kingdom work in time and finances.

I am most dependent on the generosity of monthly givers – folks like you – that have allowed me to stay afloat between preaching engagements these past two years. Should God lead you to make a one-time or continuing donation, no matter the size, it would be an extraordinary investment. Little is much when God is in it! As hard as it is to make such pleas, I hope you receive it in the spirit with which I make it.

Updates about the surgery and recovery will be posted here on my ministry blog site immediately following the procedure by my brother, John Croft. I hope to be able to check my e-mail within a few days and possibly add a personal post to this site.

I thank you in advance for your prayers and support, and pray that your Thanksgiving holiday is filled with gratitude to and for Him who holds all things together – even hips!

NOTES:

No comments: