Saturday, September 18, 2010

Interview On WEAG Radio

A classic high school football rivalry added another chapter last night as the Baker County Wildcats hosted the Bradford County Tornadoes in Macclenny, Florida.  I enjoyed watching the game, watching two of my nieces dance with the BCHS Rhythmettes, and meeting up with some old friends from Bradford County.

My good friend Terry Vaughan (pictured with me) called the game for WEAG 106.3 FM in Starke, Florida and invited me to join him for a half-time interview.  We reminisced about my days in Bradford County working with New River Solid Waste Association and Keep Tri-counties Beautiful and, of course, talked some Wildcats - Tornadoes football.  He also asked about my current ministry activities and I shared my hope of expanding the JCEA JOY Box ministry into Bradford County.

I first met Terry when he worked full-time for WEAG.  He now serves as Bradford County Supervisor of Elections.  He is a great friend and I appreciate him giving me the opportunity to share with WEAG listeners.  I would also like to congratulate him for 25 years of broadcast excellence in calling Bradford County's games on WEAG.

By the way, Baker County defeated Bradford County 14-0 to remain undefeated (3-0).  The Tornadoes are 2-1 on the season.  This Wildcat win also means I receive a free lunch from Terry and Bradford County Solid Waste Director Donny Wise8-)

No comments: