Friday, September 10, 2010

West Virginia Photos

I have posted a gallery of photos called North Fork Baptist 2010 from my recent trip to the Mountaineer State.

The revival services at North Fork Baptist Church in Riverton, WV were a real blessing to me.  The attendance for each service was great and there was a wonderful liberty to preach the Word.  Randy Spurgeon (pictured to the left of me), the Director of Church Music for West Virginia Convention of Southern Baptists, led the congregational music, directed the choir and provided special music too.  It was a joy ministering with him and his wife Debbie.

Pastor Dan Powers (pictured to the right of me) and his wife Gail were great hosts.  I first met this couple when he pastored a church in Macclenny, Florida.  I really appreciate him giving me the opportunity to minister to his congregation.  He was a pretty good tour-guide too showing us some of the local beauty in the area.

Todd Bruce, Minister of Youth, and I were able to do a 15-minute radio program on WELD 101.7 FM in Fisher, WV.  We promoted the revival meetings and played an excerpt of one of my sermons.  You can listen to the interview here.

I made a lot of new friends at the church and met several ministers from the area too.  Greg Wrigley, Associate Executive Director of the West Virginia Convention of Southern Baptists joined us for the last night of services.  He is also the editor of the state convention's newspaper and an article about the meeting may be in a future issue.

Another blessing for me was that a couple of men from the church constructed a pulpit for me to use during the services.  It was great and was very much appreciated!

If you live in the vicinity of Riverton and Seneca Rocks, West Virginia or are visiting the area, and are looking for a place to worship our Lord, visit North Fork Baptist Church.  Pastor Dan Powers and the congregation will certainly make you feel right at home.  For more information, service times or directions call (304) 567-2015.

NOTE: View a video clip from one of the services here.

No comments: