Friday, August 26, 2011

Kidney Stone Procedure Update

I’m sorry it has taken me so long to give an update on my kidney stone procedure, but I haven’t felt much like using the computer the past 2 days.  Here’s what I know as of now:

The doctors aren’t sure if the stone will completely pass or not.  It appears that there was some “crumbling” of the nickel-sized stone, and they hope more will occur over the next two weeks and that it will pass.

I had a lot of pain the first night, and then extreme nausea and some fever the next day.  The pain has subsided greatly and is basically a mild discomfort.  However, all things change with urination (sorry to be graphic) as it is VERY painful; sometimes to the point of needing to rest afterward.  The doctor said it would feel like a knife sticking in my side and that pretty well describes it.

I will have the stent for two weeks until I return for my first doctor visit.  At that point, if e-rays or scans look good the stent will be removed.  If not, I will keep it longer or another procedure will be scheduled.

Boy, am I excited…  NOT!!  8-)

Your continued prayers are appreciated.

NOTE: Read a related post here.

No comments: