Saturday, January 28, 2012

Revival and a Washing Machine

Forest Grove Baptist Ministry Team
I had a great time preaching revival services at Forest Grove Baptist Church this week.  The crowds were great and the Holy Spirit moved mightily.  God's people responded by coming to the Lord for repentance, encouragement and help with life decisions.  One of the members led someone to the Lord in their home on Tuesday.  The new believer had been present for the Sunday morning service.  I'm so thankful for the faithfulness of the church member to be about God's business by visiting and witnessing!!
I see eye-to-eye with some of the children.

On Wednesday I shared with the students at the church's school, Forest Grove Christian Academy, about our work in Ghana, West Africa.  The students asked some great questions and seemed to enjoy the various video clips from the mission trips. Pastor Warren Chesser, Associate Pastor Mark Spradley, the church and school staff, and all of the members made me feel right at home.  We had some wonderful times of fellowship.

James & Pastor Chesser with new washing machine.
The church was also very generous in investing in James Croft Evangelistic Association.  I was overwhelmed following the Wednesday service when they wheeled a brand-new front-loading washing machine down the aisle and presented it to me!  The pastor said the church wanted to be a blessing to me.  Apparently, a family member told them that a front-loader would be much easier for me to use than my "on-it's-last-leg" top-loader, which requires me to use a step-stool just to see in the machine!  The church had prayed for months about the blessing and the need was met by someone.  May God richly bless the donors and the church for being sensitive to not-always-seen needs.  I praise the Lord for the blessing and generosity!!!

If you live in the Alachua/High Springs area or are passing through, Pastor Warren Chesser and the members of Forest Grove Baptist Church would welcome you to worship with them.  The church is located at 22575 NW 94th Avenue near Alachua and High Springs, Florida.  For more information, service times, or directions call the church at (386) 462-3921.

NOTE: Additional photos are available on Facebook.

No comments: