Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Mercer Baptist Meeting

I traveled to Quitman, Georgia last night to preach during a meeting of the Mercer Baptist Association at Evergreen Baptist Church. There was a great spirit during the service and a great time of fellowship afterward.

It was great to see some friends that I haven't seen in a while, i.e. David Cook the Director of Missions, Charlie Scarborough the Interim Pastor at Barney Baptist and Jerry Sapp from Morven Baptist. Of course, it is always good to make new friends too.

The trip went very smoothly in spite of all of the west bound traffic on I-10 and US 90. Apparently I-10 is under water in a few locations between Lake City and Jacksonville and traffic was being detoured onto US 90. I have never seen so much traffic on US 90 coming through my hometown of Olustee! It took a considerable amount of time to cross US 90 in Olustee, something that we are not accustomed to.

Electricity has been restored to some parts of Olustee, but NOT the part where I live. You would think as small as our town is that one switch would cover everyone. 8-)

No comments: