Monday, September 27, 2004

Temporarily Powerless

Thanks to Hurricane Jeanne I, along with many, many others, am temporarily without electricity at home. The power went off around 5pm Sunday afternoon. It is interesting that it went off at about the same time two weeks ago with Hurricane Frances and on a Sunday too!

I tried to post an audio blog last night with my cell phone out on the front porch with all of the wind blowing and stuff like that, you know for that real reporter sound; however, when I checked it today only about half of it was understandable. I guess the wind was creating problems for the cell signals too.

The New River Solid Waste Association landfill was closed today as is a lot of other agencies. A day off is good, but without electricity there isn't a whole lot you can do. I'm able to post this thanks to having a full battery charge on my laptop and the telephone service still works.

The last time the power was out with Hurricane Frances it did not come back on for five days. I certainly hope that is not the case this time.

No comments: