Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Pastor Moves to Georgia

My pastor, Rusty Womack, has accepted the call to a new church in Georgia. This past Sunday was his last day at First Baptist Church of Lake Butler, Florida. He will begin at Rehoboth Baptist Church near Atlanta on January 1, 2006.

During Pastor Rusty's time in Lake Butler we have seen many souls saved, many hearts changed and rapid growth in our services. God has certainly used him in a mighty way over the past three years.

I personally have mixed emotions about his departure. James the evangelist rejoices that God has found him faithful and now is moving him to new challenges. James the member of FBC Lake Butler is saddened at the loss of my pastor. I do know that God has never let us down and He will not start now. The Lord already has a man picked out for our church and I believe that exciting times are just around the bend!

I want to wish Rusty and his family all the best in their relocation and in the new ministry that God has led them to.

I ask each of you, as well as the members of both FBC Lake Butler and Rehoboth Baptist, to pray for the Womack family during their relocation and for each other as both churches will be in a time of transition. Remember, God still works during a church's time of transition too. Our God is certainly an awesome God!!!