Monday, December 05, 2005

What an anniversary!

I had been saying that whenever the Lord placed it upon someone's heart to call me with a preaching engagement that He would be letting me know that I was physically ready to return to the pulpit. Yesterday (Dec. 4th.) was my first time to preach the Gospel since my heart bypass surgery on November 3rd. I preached the 11am worship service at Grace Baptist Church in Gainesville, Florida. I must say that God blessed me during the service.

I was a little tired at the end of the service, but nothing like I have been over the past 4 weeks after taking long walks. I had no pain during the message at all and I was able to move freely. I did notice my voice becoming slightly hoarse toward the end of the message. This could be that I haven't been speaking that loudly the past few weeks. 8-)

A friend was present that has heard me preach before and told me that I sounded almost 100%. Our God certainly is an awesome God!!!

When I began the message I shared my testimony of how the Lord brought me through the past few weeks. As I mentioned the date of December 4th I remembered that it was on Sunday, December 4, 1994 that I publicly surrendered to preach the Gospel. I was also licensed that same night by First Baptist Church of Olustee, Florida.

What an exciting way to celebrate my anniversary of a life changing decision to enter the Lord's ministry - returning again to His service after a life changing (& saving) surgery!!!

What an anniversary! Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!!!