Thursday, September 28, 2006

Full-time Ministry


I preached my last regularly scheduled Wednesday night service at First Baptist Church of Lake Butler, Florida last night. We had almost a full house and it was a wonderful time of special music, worship and fellowship. Pictured are Kevin Owen and Cheryl Kent. They provided special music for the service, and the other photo is "yours truly". Our new pastor, Jason Johns, will take over this Sunday, October 1st and he was also present for last night's service. During the message I made an announcement concerning the direction of this ministry.

After almost two years of prayerful consideration, I am answering God's call to full-time evangelism. I have submitted my letter of resignation to New River Solid Waste Association and my last day of work as Assistant Director of Public Relations and Education will be Saturday, October 14, 2006.

This is a big move for a 48 year old man and I must admit that I am excited and a little anxious too. I will certainly be totally dependent on the Lord for everything. I will have more detailed info about this decision on the October 2006 episode of Walking with the Giant, which is due out next week.

I would like to ask you to please be in prayer for me and this ministry. Please pray that the Lord opens the doors of opportunity as He sees fit, and keep my health in your prayers too. I also ask that you share these requests for prayer with others.

If you or others would like to know more about this ministry, please visit the following links:

Ministry related links:


A sample of media related links:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you will feel as uplifted as I do. I firmly believe you are doing the right thing. We should always follow our heart. Now, remind me of this the next time I forget!

Love you,
Kathy