Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Soldier's Angels

It never ceases to amaze me how the Lord works and the things He will use to accomplish His will. Yesterday, Tuesday, was Election Day in Florida and I received an interesting telephone call that I want to tell you about.

Jan McCart called and said she had picked up one of the Walking with the Giant CD's at her polling place in Winter Springs, Florida. The voting precinct is at First Baptist Church of Winter Springs and she found one of the CD's as she walked through the building to reach the voting area. The CD's were left at the church about 6 weeks ago during a children's camp.

Mrs. McCart said she was part of an organization called Soldier's Angels. The organization seeks to have soldier's , that have been deployed around the world, "adopted" by citizens. They then write and send packages to the soldier and have even delivered messages to family members back home. She said that she was in communication with a chaplain stationed in Iraq and wanted to obtain additional copies of some of the CD's to send to him. I have enthusiastically agreed to this request.

You never know what methods God will use to spread the Gospel of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 55:8-9 (NKJV)
8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.
9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

No comments: