Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Billy Graham to mark 89th birthday with thoughts of heavenly reunion

World-renowned evangelist Billy Graham will mark his 89th birthday on Wednesday, by expressing his gratitude for his health, his family and the ongoing hope of being reunited with his wife Ruth in Heaven.

Since the passing of his marriage and ministry partner of nearly 64 years on June 14 this year, Graham said he has been surprised at the depth of his grief, but simultaneously encouraged by the commensurate magnitude of God's grace.

"At times, I feel as if part of me has been ripped out, and in a sense that's what has happened, because Ruth was such an important part of my life," he said. "But my faith gives me great comfort, and I can't imagine going through something like this without strength that only the Lord can provide.”

Read more of this story on Christian Today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to know how tall he is!