Thursday, November 15, 2007

Florida Baptist Convention

I returned from the 2007 Florida Baptist Pastor's Conference and Florida Baptist Convention yesterday. It was 3 days of great preaching, fellowship, seeing friends, making new friends, and sharing Jesus.

The line-up of preachers for the pastor's conference and the convention is always a blessing. God dealt with me on a few issues through the preaching of His Word. I also had a great time seeing some folks that I haven't seen in quite a while. The fellowship during the free time was outstanding. I was introduced to a lot of pastor's for the first time by some of my friends.

During the convention I helped with the exhibit booth of the Conference Of Florida Baptist Evangelists. COFBE is a fellowship for the vocational evangelists in our state. I joined this group when I entered the ministry on a full-time basis last November.

I believe that we should always be looking for an opportunity to share Christ with others, even if you are at a convention. God opened a door of opportunity for me with a server in one of the nearby restaurants. I pray the Lord blesses the seed that I and some friends planted.

Below are some photos taken during the trip (click any image to enlarge).


Pictured left to right: Evangelist James Croft of Olustee, Music Evangelist Leslie Bryant of Tallahassee, Music Evangelist Travis Lewis of Orange Park and Evangelist Tom Crisp of Jacksonville.


James Croft "strikes a pose" for a caricature drawing.


Brad Duckworth, a member of First Baptist Church of Punta Gorda, visits with James Croft at the COFBE booth.

The "Fab Five"?
Pictured left to right: Pastor Terry D. Elixson, New Oak Grove Baptist Church in Alachua; Pastor Brian Mimbs, Chapel Hill Baptist Church in Tallahassee; Deacon Jason Cain, New Oak Grove Baptist Church in Alachua; Pastor Steve Brooks, Mount Pleasant Baptist Church in High Springs; (front) Evangelist James Croft.

NOTE: View last year's post and caricature.

No comments: