Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Return Visit To Surgeon

I made my first visit back to my orthopedic surgeon yesterday afternoon (Monday). He said that I will need four more weeks of "touch down weight" precautions. This basically means no actual weight being placed on the hip that was revised (replaced). I must admit that I hoped for a quicker lifting of this restriction, but he did tell me following the surgery that it would be eight weeks, so I was forewarned. My next appointment with the surgeon will be on Monday, January, 26, 2009.

I am doing fine and actually feeling pretty good. I have made a couple of trips away from home for various reasons. It felt strange touring businesses in a wheel chair. I can also use my walker to make short walks (no pun intended). Riding in my car using my normal cushions that I would drive with works great and I do the travel part very well. Of course, I'm not allowed to drive at this point. Finding a comfortable chair for sitting seems to be my biggest issue. Let's face it, most chairs aren't made to fit me, even when healthy. You know, I really have no complaints because it could always be so much worse.

I'm still looking forward to kicking-off my revival season on Sunday, February 15, 2009 at Huntsville Baptist Church in Lake City, Florida. I'm not sure if I'll be sitting, standing, or walking the aisle, but I'll be preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ with His help and strength.

I ask you to continue to lift me and this ministry before the Lord in your prayer time. Please pray for me physically, spiritually, emotionally and financially. I also want to thank all of you that have been praying for me, sending cards & e-mails, and calling with words of encouragement. May God richly bless you for ministering to me.

No comments: