Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Churches Lend Helping Hands

A few weeks ago I received a visit from Raiford Road Church Senior Pastor Johnny Raulerson and Missions Pastor Gene Graves following my return home from hip surgery. They expressed a desire to offer help with some home projects that, to be honest, I could not afford or was physically unable to do. I must admit, I was reluctant because I felt there are much greater needs than mine. I was told this would be a joint effort between my home church, First Baptist of Lake Butler, and Raiford Road Church in Macclenny, Florida.

Well, to make a long story short (no pun intended), work began at my home in Olustee yesterday when men from both churches and New Oak Grove Baptist near Alachua removed several trees from the premises. WOW! It was awesome to watch them work so quickly and efficiently, like a team that had been training for a big game. All I could do was watch with my heart filled with gratitude, praising God for His servants, and still thinking "I don't deserve this."

The "home improvement" will continue later this month with the house being painted and given a new roof. Praise the Lord!

Photojournalist Jon Fletcher was on-hand taking pictures and picking up limbs too, Raiford Road is his home church. A few of his photos can be viewed in this "Home Improvement Day 1" photo gallery.

I want to express my deepest heart-felt gratitude to the men that worked yesterday, to those that will be working, and to all of the churches that will be involved. May God richly bless you with health, safety and in ways you never dreamed possible, so that all glory will be given to the name of Jesus!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, James! God loves you through the hands of many people.

Looking at the group photo, I wondered, "Is it significant that when men kneel to pray, they are as tall as you?"

Fran

Anonymous said...

Interesting comment Fran. Their are no coincidences with God.
Mary

Anonymous said...

God is good...all the time....All the time..God is good. It is awesome you have such a wonderful extended family..The women must be cooking..I watch Home and Garden TV, I hope all the colors match..Tana