Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Memorial Day Rainbow


I had dinner in Macclenny, FL last night with some friends following a heavy rain.  As I was leaving the restaurant, I saw this beautiful rainbow and thought about God's covenant with the earth after the great flood.


Genesis 9:13-17 (NKJV)
[13]  “I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. [14]  “It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; [15]  “and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. [16]  “The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.” [17]  And God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth.”

You can read more about it in Genesis 9.

No comments: