Friday, March 04, 2011

Living Stone Update

I went to the Urologist yesterday afternoon for a follow-up to my Sunday morning kidney stone episode.  An x-ray was taken, but it will not be analyzed until the first of next week.  Should the pain return, the doctor gave me a few pointers on what might alleviate it.  I was also presented with options for removing the stone when I return from my trip to South Carolina, or we could wait until another "flare-up" occurs... I'm not so sure about that option.  All of the options, including waiting, will involve some pain or discomfort.

This situation reminds me of the saying, "you will remain the same until the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain to change."  WOW!  Isn't this the way we often live our lives and even our walk with Christ?  We don't want to move from our comfort zone until it is no longer comfortable.  God is often leading us in a new direction that will decrease our pain and suffering, but we are more afraid of the pain that may come with the changes... even if we know it is temporary.  This often leads us to rebel (sin) against God.  I wonder if we really believe what the Bible says:

Romans 8:28 (NKJV) 28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Even if this stone decides to move while I'm in South Carolina the Lord is in control, and hopefully I'll be faithful so He will work it for good and receive the glory!

No comments: