Friday, October 21, 2011

Weekend Ministry Opportunities

I have three ministry opportunities this weekend and I would appreciate your prayers.

Aunt Rosie & James
Saturday afternoon I will preach the funeral service of my 100-year-old great-aunt, Rosie Mott.  She passed away on Tuesday at Baya Pointe Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Lake City, Florida, where she had lived since 2003.  She had lived most of her adult life on Nolan Street in Jacksonville.  Aunt Rosie was the 11th of 14 children of the late William P. and Virginia (Hurst) Mikell, a pioneer family of the Possum Trot area of Olustee.  She was preceded in death by her husband Lester Mott, a son William 'Buck' Mott, and all of her siblings.  My grandmother, Pearl Mikell Croft, was one of her sisters. She is survived by 19 nieces and nephews, and a host of great nieces and nephews.

Aunt Rosie turned 100 on February 5, 2011 and we held a celebration at Baya Pointe for family and friends.  Photos from the event can be viewed in the gallery "Aunt Rosie's 100th Birthday".  I posted two articles about her 100 years on this site in February.  One of them was titled "A Long Life" and the other was "100 Years = A Long Time".

The funeral will be a graveside service at Riverside Memorial Park, 7242 Normandy Blvd. in Jacksonville.  The service will begin at 2pm.  Please pray for our family during this time of loss.

Airline Baptist
On Sunday, I will be making my first trip to Airline Baptist Church to preach in supply for Pastor Chip Parker.  The morning service begins at 10:30am.  The church is located at 164 NE CR 354 in Mayo, Florida.  For more information or directions call (386) 294-2676.

After the service at Airline Baptist, I will drive back to Baker County to preach an evening service.

I will be preaching in supply for Pastor Randy Williams at First Baptist Church of Glen St. Mary, Florida at 6pm. The church is located at 9846 George Taber Boulevard in Glen St. Mary, FL  32040.  For more information or directions call (904) 259-6977.
 
As you can see, I will truly be a "travelling" evangelist this weekend.  I will certainly appreciate your prayers as I prepare for these services and for my travel.
 
NOTE: For up-to-date information on my preaching schedule visit the schedule page of the JCEA ministry website. If you would like to receive schedule information via e-mail follow this link: Subscribe to James Croft Ministry Opportunities by Email.

No comments: