Monday, April 23, 2007

A Letter From A Concerned Father

Dear Bill,

I have been unable to sleep since I broke off your engagement to my daughter last month. Would you please forgive me? I was much too sensitive about your purple mohawk, tattoo, nose plug and pierced tongue. I now realize that motorcycles aren't really that dangerous. I know that I have said some mean things about the way you have never held down a job, and have lived under the bridge in the park with some nice people.

I know that my daughter is only 17 years old and wants to marry you instead of going to the university on full scholarship. After all, you can't learn everything about life from those college books. I sometimes forget how backwards I can be. I was wrong. I was foolish. I have now come to my senses, and you have my full blessings to marry my daughter.

Sincerely,

Your future father-in-law

P.S. Congratulations on winning this week's 150 million dollar lottery.

No comments: