Friday, April 27, 2007

Avalon Founder to Leave Group

The founding member of one of Christian music’s most famous groups, Avalon, has now announced that he will be leaving the musical foursome over physical illness.

Jody McBrayer, who has been with the band since it first began 12 years ago, announced his departure on the group’s website.

“The past 12 years have been such a tremendous blessing, and I am thankful for the opportunities I’ve been given as part of this amazing group,” explained McBrayer on the website. “While the decision to leave Avalon saddens me, I feel that it is necessary in order to prolong my health both for myself and my family. I am so thankful for the love and support that my family has received from Janna, Greg and Melissa [other group members] through this challenging time in our lives.”

Read more of this story on The Christian Post.

No comments: