Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Testimony Shared With Beulah Baptist Association

I had the honor of sharing my life's testimony last night during the Semi-Annual Meeting of the Beulah Baptist Association. The meeting was held at Pine Grove Baptist Church in Lake City, Florida and also featured a brief time for association business, some great music and fellowship. It was great to see some old friends and to meet new pastors, staff and members. I also set-up a display about the JCEA JOY Box Ministry that provided information and examples of items allowed in the boxes. My sister, Melissa Ring (pictured below) answered questions and shared the ministry with those that stopped by. The 2007 JOY Box video was also shown during my testimony time in the service. I really appreciate the association allowing us to share this ministry with member churches.


I must say, this was a first for me in that normally I preach a message in a church; however, Director of Missions James Roberts (pictured with me) asked me to share my testimony instead. I shared how the Lord has worked on me and through me over the years since being saved during a Vacation Bible School in Green Cove Springs, Florida. God has certainly been better to me than I deserve, but I guess all Christians could say that is so about our life. It really was difficult for me, during the time allotted, to adequately relay all the times that God has miraculously intervened in my life's situations. After it was over, many more came to mind and even more were brought to my attention by some of the attendees that have known me for years. The first and second churches that I have been apart of are members of Beulah Baptist Association, First Baptist of Olustee and Eastside Baptist in Lake City. My current home church, First Baptist of Lake Butler (member of the Santa Fe River Baptist Association), is the third church I've been blessed to be a part of, but I still feel close to the previous two.

I will be 50 years old next month (I know, I look much younger!) and I don't know how I would have made it though so many situations without the Lord's help. He certainly is closer than a brother and has never let me down.

Some of my friends are encouraging me to share some of these life experiences in a book and it is something that I and some others are taking up with our Lord. I certainly need all the prayer possible, so please join us in seeking the Lord's direction on this matter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will we be able to purchase your book on Amazon.com?

James Croft said...

Stay tuned to this blog and I'll provide details as they are available.

Thanks for the interest!