Thursday, June 28, 2007

NBA Draft viewed with eyes of faith

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (BP)--Lee Humphrey is at a crossroads as Thursday's NBA Draft looms. A multitude of paths are branching out in front of him, but none of them are clearly lit.

For spiritual clarity, the 23-year-old University of Florida shooting guard has drawn encouragement from an unlikely source: the Old Testament account of Israel's dramatic departure from Egypt.

"I'm in Exodus," said Humphrey, who is reading through the Bible chronologically in a year. "When the cloud moves, they get up and go. It's been pretty neat that that's what I've been reading with all that is going on, because soon I can be almost anywhere in the world. I'm praying and I have faith that God knows where I'm going to be."

Read more of this story on Baptist Press.

No comments: