Monday, June 25, 2007

NC Trip Productive

I returned very late last night from North Carolina. I had a very productive trip for the ministry and it was a lot of fun too.

I went to Camp Crestridge For Girls in Ridgecrest, North Carolina to attend the closing program for their first summer session. While I was at the camp, I interviewed Chris Maslin, Assistant Director for Ridgecrest Camps. That interview will be featured on the July episode of the Walking With The Giant Podcast. I also produced an episode for the Walking With The Giant Videos Podcast. This episode will be available tomorrow (Tuesday, June 26, 2007). I was also able to shoot several other video episodes along the Blue Ridge Parkway and in Cherokee that will be avaiable over the next few weeks.

I also conducted an interview with Eddie Swimmer in Cherokee, North Carolina. He has a unique radio ministry to Native Americans that I think you will find interesting. This interview will be featured on the August edition of Walking With The Giant.

If you're going to be in Cherokee, North Carolina during the summer and early fall months, make plans to see "Unto These Hills". This is a wonderful drama/musical about the Cherokee people. I attended on Friday night and had a wonderful time.

I visited with the fine folks at Cherokee Baptist Church on Sunday morning. I heard a great sermon by my friend, Pastor Percy Cunningham (pictured with me). A young man was saved during the service! Praise God!

Due to time constraints, I wasn't able to do as much sight-seeing as I would have liked. Maybe I'll have another opportunity in the future.

No comments: