Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Top NFL Draftee Endorses Christian Charity

WASHINGTON - A top NFL draftee went teary-eyed Tuesday when he told a crowded room that before he catches a single football as a professional athlete, he wanted to endorse the Christian charity that offers life-changing surgeries to the most needy and hopeless in Africa.

“I wanted this to be the first thing I did to begin my career as a professional athlete. I’m not even in the league yet, but I know how important it is to do the right things in the right way,” said Malcolm Kelly, who is expected to be in the top 10 picks for the 2008 NFL Draft.

“Mercy Ships is all about that. They deliver free, life-changing medical assistance to people in Africa and third world countries that need help the most,” the 21-year-old, 6’4” Christian athlete said.

Read more of this story on The Christian Post.

No comments: