Thursday, July 05, 2007

Little People Of America Expo

I just talked with Evangelist Bobby Brindle and received a great report about the Little People of America (LPA) annual convention in Seattle, Washington this week. Bobby conducted devotions during the week and had a booth at the conference expo. The expo began on Monday morning and by noon he and his volunteers had distributed 75 percent of their literature. He said they literally distributed hundreds of CD's, DVD's and Gospel tracts. The expo ended on Wednesday and he will be returning home to Georgia tomorrow.

Bobby told me, "Everything has been tremendous."

I considered attending the convention this year in Seattle and was even asked to assist with some of the devotions, but after much prayer, I never received assurance that I was supposed to be there. After hearing Bobby's report, I believe God intended for him (Bobby) to be His representative this year. We must be sensitive to how the Lord is leading us in our decisions. This was one time I was supposed to stay home. Isn't it wonderful how God always knows what's best for us and His work. I praise the Lord for Him using Bobby Brindle to plant so many seeds during this week's convention. I hope you will join me in praying for Bobby's ministry.

I hope to have some pictures from the expo to share with you by Monday. The photo, with this post, of me and Bobby was taken by Jon M. Fletcher during the LPA convention in Orlando, Florida in 2005. You can view additional photos from the 2005 convention at this link and at this one too. Jon, a photojournalist for the Florida Times-Union in Jacksonville, Florida, also wrote a story about the 2005 convention.

If you would like to learn more about The World's Smallest Evangelist, Bobby Brindle, you can listen to an interview with him on the June 2006 edition of Walking With The Giant Podcast. You can also send him an e-mail.

By the way, Bobby is 3'9.5" and I'm 3'10" tall.

No comments: