Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Wrong Turn, A Case Of Nerves, Old Friends And An Annual Meeting

I had the honor of preaching the message for the Annual Meeting of the New River Baptist Association on Tuesday night. It was good to minister to folks from various churches and to see some old friends. I must admit, I was nervous prior to the service. Part of the nervousness could be attributed to the fact that I took a wrong turn and went several miles out of my way. The biggest factor causing the "nerves" was that I had never preached during an associational annual meeting.

I must say that the Lord brought me through just fine, just like He always does. God gave me the opportunity and a liberty to preach His Word. I know He's better to me than I deserve.

The photo above was taken during the Time of Decision, or as some call it "The Invitation". The music was provided by "The Old Time Way", a bluegrass gospel band. Pictured with me below are (left) Dr. Jim Snell, pastor of Lake Hill Baptist Church in Keystone Heights, Florida, (the church that hosted the meeting) and New River Baptist Association Director of Missions Dr. Jerry Gesell, Sr. A special thanks to attendees Lon and Ruth Klingman of International Commission for these photos.

It seems like I've been running into folks that I haven't seen in years as of late. Tuesday night was no exception. Ralph and Barbara Bradley who once owned Digital Access, an internet service provider, are members of Lake Hill Baptist Church. I met these fine folks back in the mid 1990's. The agency I worked with, New River Solid Waste Association, was required by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection to utilize e-mail. At that time, none of our staff had much experience with the "Internet", so the task of setting it all up was given to me. Digital Access was the company that I contacted for the service. Mrs. Bradley even came to our office to help with some of the issues.

It's interesting to think back on how it was necessary for me to learn about the Internet, and now it is a valuable tool in my ministry. I believe the Lord was preparing me, even then, for this ministry.

Along with this blog, James Croft Evangelistic Association provides the following web resources and ministries:

Websites

RSS Feeds (for newsreaders and aggragators)
E-mail Subscriptions
Please join us in praying that the Lord will mightily use each of these areas of ministry on the web.

No comments: