Thursday, January 25, 2007

Tragic Accident Was One Year Ago

It was one year ago today that a tragic accident near Lake Butler, Florida captured attention around the world. Seven children were killed when a semi-truck smashed into a car carrying the children and then into a school bus on State Road 121 in Union County. I was scheduled to preach at my home church, First Baptist of Lake Butler, on that night. I totally changed my message upon hearing the news.

Let's remember to be in prayer for the family that lost loved ones and all of those impacted by the accident. That probably means praying for just about everyone in Union County and many in surrounding areas.

It's interesting that last night (Wednesday, January 24, 2007) I was once again at my home church. This particular Wednesday, however, was filled with laughter and smiles as I worked with our youth program, a much different scene than last year.

Below are some links that I posted on this site related to this event. I am offering these, not to reopen old wounds, but to show how far we've come in a year with the Lord's help.

Town's residents turn to churches for solace

Union County Tragedy

Hudson Interviewed For Podcast

Podcast Features Children's Pastor

Photo by Jarrett Baker was taken during the Wednesday night prayer meeting service at First Baptist Church of Lake Butler on 1/25/06.

No comments: